Assoc. Prof. Hale Dere Çiftçi
Head of Child Development
The vision of the Department of Child Development is based on the scientific, environmental, social, technological development, and educates contemporary and innovative children's developmentalists who can evaluate social changes and transfer them to the field of practice / work within the framework of human rights in education and training settings that take priority of human values.
The mission of Istinye University Faculty of Health Sciences, Department of Child Development is to educate about the children who are showing typical development between 0-18 years of age, have special needs, vulnerable, living in institutions, child workers, refugees and delinquent children or hospital inpatient and outpatient children's intellectual, language, motor , self-care, social and emotional development of their areas using scientific data obtained from the current vehicle and to educate professionals who add their observations depending on professional knowledge and experience.
In addition, with the developmental, educational and special support programs suitable for the special needs of the child theoretically and practically, to train ‘Child Development Personnel’ who are provides service to the child, family, other related professionals and the society, takes care of the best interests of the child, has lifelong education-training and self-development and development skills, respecting human rights, contemporary, competent in professional and scientific fields.
SKILLS OF OUR GRADUATES
- To be able to do the developmental screening, evaluation, and diagnostics for children who show typical development and special needs for development
- To be able to develop tools for evaluating their development
- To be able to create and implement programs based on the developmental appropriateness approach to support children's development,
- To be able to do children's developmental follow-up,
- To be able to advise children-oriented family-centered practices (families, professionals, institutions, organizations) in accordance with the needs of the child,
- To be able to produce projects,
- To be able to take responsibility for the best interests of children and families in all segments of society and fulfilling their roles and functions by considering professional ethical principles,
- To be able to use technological, scientific methods and techniques
- Adopts the eclectic approach that protects and defends the rights of children and family at the national and international level.
WORKING AREAS OF OUR GRADUATES
- Graduates in ministries (the Ministry of Family and Social Policy, Ministry of Education, Ministry of Justice, Ministry of Health, Ministry of Development)
- Private and public hospitals
- Educational institutions
- Special education and rehabilitation institutions and Guidance Research Centers
- Civil society organizations
- International organizations
- Family counseling centers
- Child development centers
- National and international projects
- Publishing houses
Child Development Department Contact Number: 0850 283 60 00